24 July 2008

Online video converter

If you ever need video converted it can be a real pain in the ass depending on what you are converting. To make things nice and simple I have a site to share with you that should make converting short videos as easy as watching TV.

mediaconverter.org is a great site I some how stumbled across this site and find it extremely handy. I have found my self seeing some thing on youtube that was so great that I just had to have it on my phone to share with others with mediaconverter.org you just have to copy the url in to there site and select what format you want it converted to I have used .3gp and .mp4 most and it downloads the video and converts it in no time at all. But they support many formats here are a list of them.

Audio (any to any):
  • mp3
  • ogg
  • wav
  • wma (only decoding supported)
Video (any to any):
  • 3g2
  • 3gp
  • avi
  • flv
  • m4v
  • mkv
  • mov
  • mp4
  • mpg
  • mpeg
  • psp (only encoding supported)
  • rm
  • wmv
Here is some of the sites that you can convert video from.

Supported video portals

Free
  • Blip.tv
  • Break.com
  • Dailymotion
  • LiveVideo
  • MetaCafe
  • MyVideo.de
  • Veoh
  • Youtube
Premium users
All from the free version and:
  • Dumpalink.com
  • Kontraband.com
  • Lulu.tv
  • Putfile
  • SpikedHumor
  • Totallycrap.com
  • Vidilife
  • Vids.myspace.com
  • Vimeo
  • Zippyvideos
You can also convert videos from your computer and all you have to do is upload them.

The only down side is that it has to be under 10min and 100mb but if you want to convert larger files you have to sign up for the premium service. But I would recommend you check them out the next time you need something converted.

I will add some other sites later but let you try this one out first have fun :D

2 comments:

sheila sultani said...

Thanks for the link, that makes think a lot easier -

Ms. Orange said...

neat! this will definitely come in handy. I think most video clips fall under the 10 mins for me atleast.