18 August 2008

Handy FireFox plugins


Firefox Plug-in's that deserve a post about so that's what am going to do because lets face it some of us are on the internet a lot and why not make it a much more enjoyable place. I will try get a nice mix here for you all OH and if you don't have FireFox I recommend you get it I have had a lot of problems with Internet explorer in the past and to be honest I think IE is crap and don't use it unless I have to.


  • 1st. On my list has to be AdBlock Plus its a great tool that speeds up the time it takes to load pages because it takes all the advertisements out.


  • 2nd. Is dictionary because well lets face it we all make mistakes sometimes and its really handy having the dictionary underline them.

  • 3rd. Google preview, What it does is show a small photo of all the website's that you search for in Google. This can be great if you had been on a site but you cant remember the web address but you might remember what the site looked like.





  • 4th. IMDB Preview or for anyone that does not know the site Internet Movie Database, if you don't know the site I would check it out the best movie site on the web I would say. The plug-in gives you information when you have your mouse over a IMDB link it saves you from having to open the hole page to find what you are looking for.



  • 5th. NoScript it can be great for having extra security but some times it can be a real pain in the ass, it blocks so much at times that you are unable to do what you need to do. So you may need to tweek the settings to get what your looking for.




  • 6th. ColorfulTabs this just brightens your tabs a bit and makes it easy to keep track of pages fast. Like you could set Google.com blue and IMDB.com green so at a glance you know what page is what if you have many windows open.





I will come back to this at a later date but here are some that you can check out, let me know what plug-in you like and maybe subscribe so you can see what other handy plugins I have to share.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Thanks! I didn't know about the Colorful Tabs plug-in. It's cool! :)

Ms. Orange said...

neat list!

I've been using Flashblock, to block Macromedia flash stuff. It's nice especially for those pages that put music on them. For each flash stuff that appears on the page, one has the option to "play" it by clicking on the button.

Azure Islands Designs said...

Great site you have here...I switched to FF a few months ago...I've been using IE for years but it is so buggy...had many problems...I find FF much better and for me faster...I like the idea of Flashblock, as I'm one of those people who does not like to go to a site blaring with music. I find it very distracting!!

Cheers